The Rugby League World Cup 2021 is coming to Warrington and we want you to help us dress the town to welcome players and spectators from all over the world to Warrington.
Colourful rugby balls designed by our primary school children will be featured in the town dressing, mapping out the routes to the Halliwell Jones Stadium where matches will take place and in key parts of our town centre.
How Can Your School Get Involved?
- Go to Sign Up | Rugby League World Cup 2021 (rlwc2021.com) to register and get access to the educational resources.
- Find the Arts Toolkit in the Primary School education resources or download the resource here.
- Print out the rugby ball template on page 12 of the toolkit for each pupil that is taking part.
- Ask your pupils to design a rugby ball using the theme ‘The Power of Together’.
- Select a maximum of 2 winning designs per key stage.
- Submit your selected designs to email@example.com by 10th September 2021
- All submitted designs will be featured in our town dressing.
- All schools who submit entries will be considered for a Papua New Guinea team visit to their school.
Tips and ideas for designs
- Make it clear, colourful and eye-catching.
- Your design could be about celebrating Warrington, international sport, welcoming Papua New Guinea or celebrating other elements of the world cup such as the women’s, wheelchair and physical disability world cup events.
- Remember, the theme is ‘The Power of Together’.
- Don’t forget to include the name of your school.
There are lots of ideas and information about Papua New Guinea and The Power of Together within the education resources on the RLWC2021 website.