Yes, that’s right people, its back this year!!
The new improved School Games Mark Criteria document with its grammatical errors and missing words can be downloaded below.
The criteria will show you that the accreditation has moved back to the 3-tier system with schools who have achieved the gold standard for the past 4 years able to apply for the platinum award if they achieve the gold award this academic year. The criteria is based around the 5 School Games outcomes of:
- Maintaining and growing the school's engagement in the School Games and the delivery of the 60 active minutes agenda for every child.
- Creating positive experiences to ensure physial activity and competition provision has a clear intent and is designed to reflect the motivation, competence and confidence of young people.
- Clear focus on transition points and how secondary schools are engaging in the School Games.
- Create positive experiences that support character development.
- Advocate to key stakeholders how the School Games makes a meaningful difference to the lives of children and young people.
We are running 4 workshops throughout December 2021 and January 2022 to help schools get to grips with the new criteria, so if any school is thinking of applying this year, then you need to book your place as soon as possible.