In 3 weeks’ time we would have been running the Quadkids Athletics event over at Victoria Park and I thought this resource maybe of use to schools when you go back after the half term break and also to children still being home-schooled.
Eveque have come up with a Home Pentathlon which is an adapted Sportshall Athletics programme for the home environment. The challenge consists of the following five events:
- 20 x 5m Shuttle Run – each participant must run the 5m shuttle run 20 times
- Standing Long Jump – each participant starts from 2 feet and jumps out and lands on 2 feet
- Vertical Jump – jump side on, to see how far you can reach up a wall
- Speed bounce – 20 seconds hard work jumping 2 footed over a wedge, line or another object such as kitchen roll
- Target Throw – Target based activity throwing objects into a target.
For a more in-depth breakdown of each event please download the Home Pentathlon document below.
Please also download the vertical Jump Home scale to ensure you can participate in the vertical jump challenge.
Participants can collate their scores on the score sheet which can be downloaded below.
Finally, if you require any further information please click on the links found in the Home Pentathlon Document as these provide links to YouTube etc.