60 active minutes a day & engaging the least physically active in schools (Day 3)
This CPD day is for school staff that have attended previous Change4Life Champions training but not in a few years and also need information on 60 Active Minutes a Day agenda. The training day is split into 4 elements.
Element 1: Delivering on the 60 Active minutes agenda, embedding the Active Schools Planner tool in school and encouraging young people to move more and sit less in school. (School Staff only)
This session will support schools to increase physical activity throughout the school day to boost health and academic achievement for children. Delegates should be able to:
- Articulate updates in the following stategies: Childhood Obesity Plan (Chapter 2)
- Explore why active classrooms are important for young people & their educational outcomes
- Understand how the Active School Planner can be used to increase activity for target groups.
Element 2: Change4Life Update Training (School Staff only)
This session will support schools in the following outcomes:
- Development and sustainment of C4L clubs (or its equivalent) within the school environment
- Understanding the local environment
- Solutions for engaging the least physically active in physical activity
- C4L Schools Zone update training based around the use of the School Zone resources.
- Warrington C4L resource section
Element 3: High Quality Competition Principles Training (School Staff only)
- Identifying a young person's motivation with physical activity & sport
- Leadership opportunities
- Process versus outcome
- Creating the right environment
Element 4: Change4Life Champions Leadership Training (Children only)
A full days leadership training for up to five Year 5 leaders which aims to:
- Enable Champions to plan, organise and deliver fun, safe, and accessible activities
- Highlight the people, groups and organisations who may support them locally, regionally and nationally
- Share and review the vision for the C4L Champions in their school
- Identify the skills and qualities used in the role of a C4L Champion
- Explain the importance of creating a range of opportunities for sharing the C4L message across the school
All the leadership activities will take place outside, so please ensure your leaders wear the appropriate clothing and footwear to participate in physical activity on a grass surface.
Maximum of 5 children per school (C4L Champions) and 1-2 members of staff (C4L, Principles of Competition & 60 Active minutes a day training) are available.
Teas and coffees will be provided throughout the day, however lunch will not be provided. Please ensure that all staff and pupils bring their own lunch and snacks as there is no place to buy anything on site.
We ask that the primary contact please complete the 60 Active Minutes a Day Booking Form which will be sent as a link in the confirmation email.
|Event Date||02-04-2019 9:15 am|
|Event End Date||02-04-2019 3:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||31-01-2019 10:00 am|
|Cut off date||25-03-2019 11:55 pm|